Saturday 15 May 2010

Day 9 Summary

Well, we've done it.  An up and down route from Tongue to John O'Groats with fantastic coastal scenery.  63 miles and 1250m of climbing.  Route details and stats are here.

Here are the thoughts of the team;

Alan:  First question everyone asks is would you do it again, my answer is "yes, but not with these bawbags" , only kidding, many thanks to everyone who has sponsored me and to my late parents who inspired me when times got tough.

Celia:  Absolutely delighted to reach John O Groats this afternoon. It's been an amazing journey in so many ways. Thanks to the boys for their support throughout, couldn't have done it without you. Finally, thanks to everyone who has supported me and donated their hard earned cash to Inspiring Scotland's 14:19 Fund, your support has kept me going to the end!   

Jack:  For Sale Kuota carbon fibre 54cm bike full dura ace, mavic cosmic wheels - contact Jack !!! No really thanks to my team mates who kept me going on this journey also to an understaning wife who has come to realise that I need to get these things out of my system! Finally to all the people who have sponsored and donated money to my chosen charity Yorkhill Sick Kids Hospital thanks again.

John:  Hola Amigos , what an experience this has been physically and emotionally and I've really enjoyed both. This is supposed to be a once in a lifetime thing but if I'm asked to do it again I'll say yes. Although I did not do any cycling I felt as though I experienced every mile as they did. I now am in possesion of a travelog of Britain which is readily available to anyone who wants it. I am very proud of my Amigos who cycled and  I am proud of my photography. Thank you very much for all of your support emotionally and financialy and I hope that if I'm asked  to do this next year you'll support me once again. Take care and I love you all.

Barry: xxx kisses to all xxx thanks to everyone for all their help, big thanks to big J for the driving and the great photo's and Bill for his maps of the country x had a few great trips and Scotland was far better than that not so pleasent place south of the border.  One thing I can't slag them for is their flat country coz cornwall is hilly, the rest didn't feel like hills.  Thanks all xx

Bill:  I just want to keep on cycling! It'll be strange tomorrow not getting up and jumping on the bike.  Fantastic experience from all perspectives.  In particular thanks to my team mates for the banter and support on the road and off.  Enjoyed every minute but I'll be glad to get home to Linda.  Many thanks to everyone who has sponsored me.  I have read all your messages of encouragement and really appreciate your support.

2 comments:

  1. Well done team. Wonder if the next bike run will ever seem the same - maybe not as long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job people, love the summary reports. More than impressed, ridiculous schedule. Them's some miles. JOB DONE. WELL DONE. (ps Jack - I'll take the bike. how much?) Dave Scanlan (John's mate)

    ReplyDelete